Maryland Information Technology (IT) Security Standards
The Board of Regents’ Information Technology Policy, in compliance with Section 12-112 of the Education article of the Maryland Code, requires that the University System of Maryland adopt information technology policies and standards that are functionally compatible with state information technology policies and standards. The USM Regents' Policy was approved in August 2001.
The USM IT Security Standards enable the Regents Policy. The Standards were approved in June, 2014. This document addresses security standards established by the Department of Information Technology (DoIT) for state agencies and interprets those standards in the context of the USM institutions. The state standards are described in the DoIT Information Security Policy.
Information Technology (IT) Laws
- Copyright and DMCA
- US 34 CFR Part 99 (FERPA)
- Maryland Commercial Law, Sections 14-3501 thru 14-350 8
- Maryland Commercial Law, Title 13, Section 13-317
DIT Security Plan
BSU Computer Use Policies
- Policy on Acceptable Use
- Policy on Administrative Computer Security
- Policy on Computer Ethics
- Policy on Personal Computers
- Interim Policy on Use of Email by State Employees
*For a complete list of Bowie State University Policies, including computer use, visit the University Policies page.
Information Security Awareness Training
- BSU Employees Login (Use your welcome email from securingthehuman.org – it contains your username and password.)