Athletic Director Academy
The College of Education’s Signature Athletic Director Academy lead by the Department of Teaching, Learning and Professional Development created an exceptional educational learning experience for educators, coaches and administrators to become nationally certified through the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (NIAAA).
Participants will be involved with taking three leadership training courses (LTC 501, LTC 502 and LTC 503) held from August 1, 2019 through August 3, 2019 leading to the Registered Athletic Administrator (RAA) Certificate. Certified instructors through the NIAAA will instruct the courses. Participants will also be provided support with earning the Certified Athletic Administrator (CAA) Certificate. Participants can receive CEUs along with earning the RAA.
The cost for each leadership training course is $175.00. Participants should make payments to Bowie State University's Cashier and reference "College of Education's Athletic Director Academy."
Interested in applying for the Athletic Director Academy? Complete the registration form to receive your application.
- Provide a leadership program to support educators, coaches and administrators
- Provide an opportunity for students to earn the Registered Athletic Administrator (RAA) Certificate
- Support students with earning the Certified Athletic Administrator (CAA) Certificate
- Official Announcement of the Athletic Director Academy at the Women’s History Month Forum
- Partnership with the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association
- The 5th Annual Sport Management Summit will be held Friday, May 3, 2019. Applications for the Athletic Director’s Academy will be solicited at this event
- Coca-Cola and National Sports Teams (Redskins, Ravens, etc.)