Tips for Taking the Placement Tests
- Relax! The Placement Tests were designed to help you succeed in college. Your score helps you and your advisor determine which courses are most appropriate for your current level of knowledge and skills.
- You will be able to concentrate better on the test if you get plenty of rest and eat properly prior to the test. You should also arrive a few minutes early, so you can find the testing area, restrooms, etc., and gather your thoughts before the test begins.
- Pay careful attention to the directions, and be sure you understand them before you begin each test.
- If you do not know the answer to a question, try to eliminate one or more of the choices. Then pick one of the remaining choices.
Practicing for the Placement Test
Resources to help you prepare for taking your placement test are available:
Visit the student web site for ACCUPLACER. You’ll find information on a suite of tools, how the tests work, how to prepare for placement testing, and to get the free Web-Based Study App (see options below):
- To get the Web-based study app visit accuplacer.collegeboard.org/store (web app will work on most internet devices including computers (PC/Mac), smart phones and tablets).
- Download a copy of the College Board’s list of sample questions.
Scheduling to Retake the Placement Test or Scheduling to Use a Voucher