Follow this check list below to get started:
Congratulations! We are glad you have joined our learning community! Look for a letter from the Admissions Office with your Bulldog ID, and then please follow the steps to set up your password. From now on, we will send all BSU communications to your bowiestate.edu email address.
To confirm your attendance, you must:
- Pay the $80 confirmation of attendance fee
There are three ways you can pay:
1. Pay online
Pay Online Here
Mail your fee to the address below. Make check or money order payable to Bowie State University (don’t forget to include your name and student ID on your check or money order).
Bowie State University
Office of Student Accounts
William E. Henry Administration Building
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
3. Pay by phone
You may call Student Accounts at 301-860-3495 to pay over the phone. You will need your student ID located on your admissions letter.
- Submit your official high school transcript, from all schools attended, if you have not already done so. You will not be able to register for classes until we receive your official transcripts. Please remember that your enrollment process is not complete, and your admission is subject to the condition that you graduate from high school with satisfactory final grades.
- ATTENTION: Campus housing is now full for the fall 2018 semester. Visit the Office of Student Life site for options for off-campus housing.
- Return the mandatory Entrance Medical History form to the Henry Wise Wellness Center. For additional information, contact the Wellness Center at (301) 860-4170/4171. You will not be able to register for classes until the form has been submitted. You can download the form from the Wellness Center website or use the form from your admission packet.
- Complete your application for financial aid at fafsa.ed.gov. Bowie State University's Federal School Code is 002062. If you have questions about this process, contact the Financial Aid office at 301-860-3540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and return the residency form, if you intend to be considered for in-state residency. You will be charged out-of-state tuition if this form and required supporting documents are not submitted before classes begin.
- Register to take the placement exam. Once you register for the site and login, select Placement, then New Student Orientation Placement Testing. If you experience problems or require assistance, contact University Testing Services at 301-860-3295.