Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions




Q: Which office should I contact to obtain an official transcript?

A: Alumni who wish to obtain an official Bowie State University transcript should visit the Transcript Services web page.




Q: How can I obtain a copy of my diploma?

A: To secure a duplicate copy of your Bowie State University undergraduate and graduate diploma, please fill out the diploma replacement request form and mail to Bowie State University, Office of the Registrar, Henry Administration Building, 14000 Jericho Park Road, Bowie, MD 20715. Alumni should include a check or money order in the amount of $55.00, payable to Bowie State University.

Once your request is received, steps will be taken to secure and forward to you a duplicate diploma.




Q: Which office should I contact to obtain my account balance?

A: Alumni who wish to obtain information on account balances should contact the Office of Student Accounts at 301-860-3490. Information on account balances may be requested in writing by sending a signed letter to:

Bowie State University Student Accounts
Henry Administration Building
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715

Your signed letter should include the following information:

  1. Current name and name while attending Bowie State University
  2. Student identification number or Social Security number
  3. Current address
  4. Phone number




Q: How can I join the Bowie State University National Alumni Association (BSUNAA)?

A: You can join using our online form and payment system. If you prefer, you can download the membership form and fill it out.




Q: I want to contact an old classmate of mine, but I have no idea how to get in touch with them. Can I get that information from the Office of Alumni Relations?

A: It is the policy of the Office of Alumni Relations that we cannot provide information on alumni over the phone or by letter. If you provide your name, address and telephone numbers and email address, we will get in touch with the individual (as long as we have a good address and phone number for them) and provide them with your information. It will be up to the individual to contact you.




Q: How can I obtain Bowie State University license plates?

A: Thank you for your interest in the BSU license plates. By purchasing these plates, you're helping to make good things happen for the University.

To order your new BSU plates or to renew your BSU plates, do the following:

  1. Print the license plate application form.
  2. Complete sections A through D only. Do not fill in any other part of the application.
  3. Make check payable to BSUNAA. Plate fees:
    1. $25.00 for previously registered vehicles
    2. $90.00 for newly registered vehicles.
  4. Mail completed form and check to:
    Anita Ford, Financial Secretary
    P.O. Box 174
    Bowie, MD 20719

NOTE: Please do not mail this form to the MVA. License plates will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. The first plate issued was BSU001. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept request for specific numbers. Upon receipt of your BSU plates, you must return your old plate(s) and registration card to the MVA for cancellation.