Henry Wise Wellness Center
About the Wellness Center
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday- 8 am to 5 pm. Closed weekends and holidays.
14000 Jericho Park Road
Christa McAuliffe Residence Hall, Lower Level
Bowie, MD 20715
The Henry Wise Wellness Center is a resource and service center for all matriculating students. We offer appointments and walk-in visits for medical services at little or no additional cost to all BSU students.
Our mission is to provide students with easily accessible and confidential primary care services, and accurate information in a supportive and compassionate environment.
- Allergy and Immunology such as flu, tetanus booster and PPD (tuberculin) vaccinations.
- Health Promotion
- HIV Testing and Counseling
- Primary Care such as evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses;
- Sexual Assault/Intimate Partner Violence
- Women's Health examinations such as pregnancy testing, well woman exams, screening for STI/HIV and contraception counseling;
Make an Appointment
All students are encouraged to call for an appointment when seeking services. Those who walk in without an appointment may be required to wait until there is an opening in the schedule or they may chose to make an appointment for later during the day or week. They will be seen on a first come, first serve basis after students with appointments have been seen.
Mandatory Health Requirements
Student Health Insurance
Bowie State University encourages all students to maintain health insurance coverage. Students who are not covered under their parents’ health insurance must sign up for individual coverage under the Affordable Care Act. Learn how.