Find Library Materials
- A-Z Databases (Find the best library databases for your research)
- Catalog USMAI (Find books and media holding all University System of Maryland Libraries)
- E-Journal Search (Find E-Journals by Title, ISSN, or Subject)
- Fetch item - CitationLinker (Find a specific journal article, a journal or book by citation information)
- LibGuides (Subject Guides)
- Lynda.com (An online video library for technology, business, creative software suits)
- OneSearch (A tool for simultaneously searching for articles, books and media)
- Research Port (Service will be decommissioned at the end of 2018. Use A-Z Database , E-Journal Search , and Fetch Item)
New! See the online Exhibit Bowie State in '68, plus watch the interview of three BSU alumni and the Baltimore Sun article about the student protests of 1968 and the death of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Register Your Bulldog ID
Make sure you can access all the resources and privileges of the Thurgood Marshall Library by registering your Bulldog Card for the current academic year beginning Sept. 1. Registration or renewals is required for all faculty, staff and students and allows borrowing privileges at BSU and all other libraries within the University System of Maryland and affiliated institutions; remote and local access to the ResearchPort, as well as, access to ILLiad (interlibrary loan privileges). Register online here.
Lynda.com is now available for all BSU students, faculty, and staff
Lynda.com provides self-paced video tutorials for beginners and advanced users. The tutorials cover technology such as Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe products, business and communication skills as well as classroom technologies. Eligible users include BSU students, faculty, and staff. Create an account for Lynda.com here.
Historic student newspapers - More added in April 2018
Now online! Historic student newspapers, the College Eye (1935-1967) and The Ebony Tree (1968-1978)! View the issues here.
The Library’s 24 hour study gallery
The gallery offers a welcoming, secure study space for students. Using a swipe card for entrance after the Library closes; registered students will have access to a quiet study space along with WiFi, comfortable seating, snack machines, power outlets, video monitoring, and an emergency phone for safety. Students can apply for access cards at the Bulldog Card Office.
*The 24-Hour access to the Lobby/Gallery will be available to those who have registered their Bulldog Card. Register your Bulldog Card here.